Download and Start
Install using the Setup
You can install Mediaboard like a normal Windows program. It still remains portable and can be copied to other media (eg USB stick) or to other storage locations (cloud folder or network) using the Easy Share function.
- Download and start the file “Mediaboard (Version) -Setup.exe”.
- Choose your language and follow the installation instructions.
- After the installation, you will find the Mediaboard icon in your Start menu and on your desktop.
Download as a Folder
If you do not want to use Mediaboard Setup, you can also download Mediaboard as a packaged folder.
- Download the file “Mediaboard (Version) .zip” and unzip it.
- Open the unzipped Mediaboard folder and start the file Mediaboard.exe.
- If you now minimize the app, you will find the Mediaboard icon in the taskbar and can pin it with a right mouse click.
Statement: Downloading Mediaboard to the C: drive or to the Program Files folder may fail if you do not have administrative rights on the computer..
Action: Go to Mediboard Downloads
It is very important that your computer meets all minimum requirements to enjoy Mediaboard’s features to the full.
- Windows: Desktop PC, Smartboard, Laptop, Surface Pro or Tablet
- at least 6 GB of RAM and graphics card with at least 4 GB graphics memory (for example GeForce 840M)
- 2x2GHz Intel or AMD CPU, Atom or Celeron reduces the display quality
- 16: 9 monitor, display or video projector with 1920 x 1080 resolution (recommended)
Statement: The graphics performance must be sufficient to calculate Mediaboard´s effects and transparencies in real time and to ensure a smooth presentation. On touch screens, the quality of the touch display also determines how quickly and precisely Mediaboard responds to touch and gesture.
- Mediaboard runs on Microsoft Windows – at least Vista or Windows 7-10 and future versions of Windows.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (normally comes shipped with Windows, otherwise download here or download at Microsoft or read instructions if the standard installation fails.)
- For the correct playback of videos the correct video codecs must be present on your computer.
- If you experience problems playing background videos, please install the add-on program Quicktime for Windows.
Statement: Mediaboard is a portable application that is independent from the Windows system and registry. It will not at any time change or delete any Windows system files.
HD and Multi-Monitor
The best view of Mediaboard can be achieved on an HD monitor / screen or HD projector in 1920 x 1080p resolution. Use the Windows wireless display projection to stream Mediaboard to a Smart TV via Miracast.
Two or more monitors
With two or more connected monitors (dual-screen setup) Mediaboard always opens on the main monitor (first monitor).
It also opens card media on the default monitor and once dragged to the second monitor Mediaboard keeps opening media on this second monitor, respectively the last position of the viewer or player.
This is very useful for presenting or displaying on wall screens or with beamers so you can control your presentation from the first screen and display the media on the second screen.
All file types can be added to a card.
PDFs are opened by default in the distributed PDF viewer. Videos are opened by default in the distributed video player.
Other file formats are opened in their default application that is installed on the computer. This applies also to PDFs and videos if the card info field is clicked.
Playing Video with MPC
Almost all video formats can be played and there are some very useful keyboard shortcuts:
Controlling Video Play
Spacebar = pause / play
Left / Right Arrow = seek video back and forth
Up / Down Arrow = adjust volume
Y = original video aspect (e.g. movie widescreen letterboxed.)
X = filled video aspect (player window filled with the video, not letterboxed and parts of the video might be cut off.)
F = toggle player fullscreen
Rotating and Mirroring Video
Sometimes videos are delivered with the wrong orientation because they were recorded with mobiles held in the wrong direction. Using the following shortcuts you can rotate or mirror a video to be displayed correctly:
ALT + Number Pad 3 = rotate video
ALT + Number Pad 6 = mirror video left / right
ALT + Number Pad 2 = mirror video up /down
ALT + Number Pad 4 = rotate video left / right continuously
ALT + Number Pad 8 = rotate video up / down continuously
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and all other website links. Please use http:// or www with your link.
DVD, CD, interactive presentations, .exe files, 3D visuals, images.
Adding a non copy protected DVD to Mediaboard can be completed in a few steps:
- Insert the disc and click the Select File button … in the Card Edit Box.
- Browse to the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD. For HD or Bluray discs the folder can be different.
- Select the video, or if you want the full DVD functionality, select the first .IFO file.
- In order to make the DVD portable, set the Portable Switch and the Assets Switch to on. (A non-portable DVD will only play from the original DVD folder location.)
- Click Save and the video or DVD files will be copied to Mediaboard. This might take a few minutes.
Statement: If you need to back up a copy protected DVD we recommend using the free app DVD Shrink.
If you are using Mediaboard and cannot change any settings or styles, it may be because:
- This means you received a copy of another board and the master board owner (the owner of the original board) has protected the settings using the Lock Settings feature to not allow others to change the board settings and styles. You can ask the master board owner for the password to unlock the settings. In both cases you will be informed by Mediaboard.
- You started Mediaboard from a Cloud Drive and the master board owner has temporarily locked your settings e.g. during Conferences. Wait until your settings have been released. In both cases you will be notified by Mediaboard. See: Master and Client Boards and Lock Settings.
Action: Settings Panel > Info & Support Tab > Master Board Owner
Action: Settings Panel > Main Settings Tab > Settings and Sorting locked
Antivirus and Reset
Mediaboard is clean and virus free when downloaded from our website.
Some antivirus programmes (such as Avast) warn you when downloading. You can run or cancel the test.
Statement: We do not extend any virus-free guarantee for copied boards or boards that are obtained from other sources. Once you have downloaded Mediaboard it is in your hands and you must take measures regarding virus protection.
Resetting the board will take the board back to its default settings. Your content remains untouched and the board structure, category and cards remain the same.
Action: Settings Panel > Info & Support Tab > Reset Mediaboard
Categories and Cards
Mediaboard uses categories, cards and a whole array of style options to let you organise, design and distribute your electronic media in a unique and customised format.
The FREE Version gives you up to 3 categories with 50 cards per category.
Categories and cards can be sorted and swapped via drag and drop when in Sort Mode.
Using categories, you divide cards into specific groups. Categories are the top level in the board structure and can contain up to 100 cards each. A category name can contain a maximum of 25 characters.
The category bar holds the categories. Up to 10 categories can be added to the Category Bar (PRO Version). A category name can contain a maximum of 25 characters.
The category bar can be positioned either at the top or bottom of your board, giving you the option to make it easier to reach during presentations, on large wall screens or beamed displays with motion detection.
Statement: The transparency of the Category Bar can be changed in the Main Settings Tab. The colours can be changed in the Colours Tab.
Category Edit Box
The category edit box is opened with a right-click or long tap on a category name. Here you can add, edit or delete a category. A category name can contain a maximum of 25 characters.
Deleting a category will delete all containing cards and move their portable content to the Recycle Bin.
Entering a space in the category edit box instead of a category name hides it from the category bar. The category label is then blank but its content remains. This gives you the flexibility to present without the category showing. Re-entering the name will return its visibility.
Autosizing Category Names
Autosizing enables you to achieve diverse labelling effects for your category names. Long category names can be made to fit into the label whereby short category names can exceed it. You can play with the category name using spaces around it to adjust the sizing and placement.
Click on the space shuttle icon to clear the current display of cards. Click back on a category name to reload the cards.
Statement: Wiping the display (clearing cards) is necessary in case you want to reposition the background image.
Cards, Files and Links
A card is the container for your digital media which can be documents, images, website or Youtube links, any file or folder on your computer.
The card responds to touch and click and will open the card media. Deleting a card will move all its contents to the Recycle Bin so that you can recover a file in case you have accidentally deleted a card.
Cards can be sorted and swapped via drag & drop when Sort Mode is enabled.
Action: Add a new card
@ Quick Access Bar > select the + icon (F8)
Card Title, Description
The card title must be a unique name that cannot be repeated on other cards in the same category. It can be up to 30 characters and the card description up to 100 characters long.
The card thumbnail image is always displayed centered. It is automatically resized to fit in the preview area when saving the card.
- Paste an image or screenshot from the clipboard directly into the Card Edit Box thumbnail by using the paste icon .
- Reposition the thumbnail by dragging to desired position.
- Right-click or long tap on +/- in the side panel to crop unwanted borders.
When no thumbnail is added, the first three letters of the card title appear as card initials instead of the image. The initials are displayed in a colour that is calculated by Mediaboard. Same initials have the same colours.
E.g. Dubai Mall, Dubai Airport, Dubai Creek = Dub, Dub, Dub as initials for three cards.
When no thumbnail is added and a year is the card title, the full year will be displayed and the years of the same decade will have the same colour.
Statement: Instead of always selecting an image on your computer, it is much faster and useful to paste the thumbnail image from the clipboard. Most image viewers allow you to copy an image into the clipboard using CTRL + Shift + C.
The card media can be any document, image, audio or video file or any other type of digital media.
Videos and PDF files are opened by default with a media player/PDF viewer that is delivered with the Mediaboard. For other file types, the corresponding software must be installed on the computer to open the card file. This means that adding a file to a card does not ensure that the file can be opened, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint needs Microsoft Office to be installed.
The ESC key exits the media player or the PDF viewer.
Card Info Field
The card info field displays the card number, which represents its position in the list. Furthermore it displays the card media type and its status:
- Small stroke _ : a file is attached to the card and it is located on the host computer or in a local network. This means the file is not portable so when you distribute a copy of your board on a portable storage device or shared cloud drive, the card media will not be available on the target computer.
- Two small right arrows >>: a file is attached to the card and it is portable. This means when you distribute a copy of your board on a portable storage device or shared cloud drive, the card can be opened on the target computer and the media is available.
- Question Mark ?: no media is available for this card or file is missing.
Indicating a missing or non-selected media will help you not only during board preparation, where media needs to be added, but also to prevent surprises during a presentation. It is sometimes the case in other presentation tools that you may click and the media is not there, leaving you embarrassed before your audience.
- An @: the card media is a link (URL). This can be a website, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or any other kind of net resource.
Card Edit Box
The Card Edit Box allows you to add, edit or delete cards. While editing a card you have a live preview when you change any style settings or card options like transparency or card corners . Deleting a card moves the card contents to the Recycle Bin. Right-click or long-tap on a card to open the Card Edit Box.
- Card Category shows in which category your card is listed. In order to save a card you must select a category.
- Card Title must be entered in order to save a card. Duplicate card titles are not allowed. The card title is limited to 30 characters.
- Card Description is optional and has a maximum of 100 characters. The description box can be left empty.
- Card Thumbnail is optional and can be an image type of JPG, PNG or BMP (no thumbnail shows card initials).
- Card Media is optional and can be a file or link. Click on … to browse for a file or enter a URL (web link). Files can be any type of digital media: documents, presentations (Interactive CD/DVD), images, audio, video, .exe files (executable), links e.g. YouTube.
- Portable Switch toggles the card file to portable, enabling it to be given away when you share your board or not portable, where the file can only be opened on the Mediaboard host computer.
- Assets Switch appears when you have a card file selected that might need other resource files in order to run. This is important when you copy DVDs to Mediaboard, or when you have PowerPoint or interactive presentations with linked resources folders.
Card Edit Box Panel
- Play button opens the card media while working on a card (document, media file or link) right out of the Edit Box. This way you can check if you have chosen the right media and if it is performing properly.
- Opens the Card Code table in the web browser. Green = All Card Codes switched on. Red = All card codes switched off.
- Open Folder button opens two folders; the resource folder of the card file and the card folder itself. This lets you check where the files are located and also manually copy additional files to the card folder (portable folder).
- Eject Disk Drive button, ejects the DVD disk drive, if any is there.
- Sending the card medium (file, link) by email. The default e-mail program will be started on your computer and the file will automatically be attached to the e-mail as a file attachment or the link will be inserted into the e-mail text.
- Paste button allows you to paste any image or screenshot from the clipboard into the thumbnail field. This is very useful when adding a video or a website and you have made a screenshot to use it as a thumbnail. A screenshot can be made with the Windows key combination ALT + PRINT SCREEN (prt sc).
- / Plus/Minus, left-click/tap enables you to resize the Edit Box. A very useful feature to support you when preparing your Mediaboard on a wall screen when sitting at a distance.
- / Plus/Minus, right-click/long tap, enables you to crop the right/left borders of an added thumbnail.
Card Preview Images
Card Preview Images
The card preview image is shown on the left side of the card in Card Type Classic and as a full card size in Card Type Poster.
Add and remove a preview image
- Add from your computer Click the image icon in the left top corner of the preview image field to open the file browsing dialogue and select an image file.
- Paste from clipboard Click the paste icon on left bottom corner of the preview image field to paste an image that was copied to the clipboard.
- Auto-generate from a source When adding a url, YouTube video or image as card media, clicking the magic wand icon lets Mediaboard load and generate the preview image.
Click the red cross in the centre of the preview image to remove it.
Position and crop a preview image
Mediaboard resizes all preview images to a 16:9 format for best view.
- Adjust the vertical position of a portrait preview image to fit into the 16:9 view and show the desired part of the image.
- Click or tap the plus icon on the card edit box to increase the crop of unwanted borders to image.
- Click or tap the minus icon on card edit panel to decrease the crop of unwanted borders.
- Right-click on the preview image to centre it.
Reset or reload a preview image
In some cases when editing a card you want to reposition or refresh an existing image.
- Click the reset icon to load the previous preview image in case you have added an unwanted image.
- Just close the edit box without saving to discard changes to the preview image.
- Right-click or long tap the same card to reload the previous card contents.
Toggle card preview
To see how your preview image looks with your title and chosen font colour, you can show or hide the preview image as card background. Click the layers icon in the right top corner of the preview image field.
Card effects are very useful features to bring attention to your board or to lend your presentation even more impact. You can apply effects such as shuffle, fade in/out, pulse, touch sound, or background sound and much more to a card.
To apply an effect to a single card or a group of cards, Mediaboard uses card codes.
A card code must be entered into the upper green entry field of the card edit box (e.g. thumbsOFF). Refresh the page for the code to take effect.
You can combine card codes by separating them with a comma. A single card code always overrides a group card code, e.g. thumbsOFF, would hide all thumbnails, whereas thumbON, shows only this thumbnail.
All card effects start from the card where the card code is entered.
Card Animation Effects
E.g. fade, pulse
- Animation effects are performed only when there are at least 3 cards in a category.
- Animation effects are paused while in Edit Mode or Sort Mode.
- Animation effects are paused when a background video is playing.
Further functionality for your presentations and displays
- When card effects are playing you can toggle them on and off with the key Y for the card style effects and key A for the card animation effects. When toggled off the effects will not show.
- Right-click or long tap on Menu Button to toggle effects for touchscreens.
- Card effects apply to the cards that are visible in the viewport.
- Hide all card titles and all card thumbnails: titlesOFF, thumbsOFF
- Hide all thumbnails or card initials and show only numbers: countON
- Set an individual transparency for a thumbnail independent of the global card transparency: trans0 (zero) (This is for card type Poster).
- Animate thumbnails randomly by fading in/out very fast: fade0.5/0.25/1.5 (delay/duration/size)
Sorting and Swapping
The Sort Mode lets you reorder your categories and cards. Enabling Sort Mode locks the Edit Mode. The yellow Sort Mode splash appears in the top right corner.
Drag & Drop a category over another to swap it.
Drag & Drop a card over another card to insert it.
Drag & Drop a card holding the CTRL key while dropping on another card to swap it.
Drag & Drop a card over a category to move it there.
Action: Settings Panel Icons > Button (or F4 key).
Statement: When you drag cards or categories to reorder them, a border will appear when the drop target is ready.
The Settings Panel contains Icons and different tabs where you can set all options for your board.
Click the Menu Button in the top right corner to show the Settings Panel Icons and click once more on the Gear Icon to open the full Settings Panel (F3 key toggles the Settings Panel in one step).
- Main Settings Tab – All card layout options, theme and background image.
- Colours Tab – Card, category and app background colour.
- Language Tab – Board language (currently English and German, more to come).
- Share & Distribute Tab – All options to share your board with other people, give it away or back it up.
- Social Tab – Join the Mediaboard Community: like the board, share and download themes, Donate.
- Info & Support Tab – Board master, board type, board capacity, Help & Support links.
Quick Access Bar
The Quick Access Bar is part of the Settings Panel.
Click the Menu Button in the top right corner. This gives you quick access to all the options available to organise, style and share your board.
Each icon has either an immediate action or opens a tab with more options for the functionality and design of your Mediaboard (F2 key toggles the Quick Access Bar).
- Gear Icon opens the Main Settings Tab.
- Plus Icon lets you add a new card to the current category.
- A-Z Icon toggles the Sort Mode.
- Paintbrush Icon opens up the Colours Tab for styling cards and categories.
- Language Icon shows the Language Tab where you can set the board language (future feature: French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic).
- Share Icon opens the Share & Distribute Tab where you can find all options to share, distribute or back up your board.
- Heart Icon opens up the Social Tab where you can share your board designs and like our software.
- Info Icon opens the Info & Support Tab where you can find out all about Mediaboard: Documentation, FAQ and Support Links.
- Bubble Icon toggles the Bubble Layer giving you a quick and easy alternative to create instructive screenshots.
- Grid Icon toggles the Grid Mode and Spread Mode: Right-click to toggle the Grid Mode (default card layout) or left click to toggle the Spread Mode (individual card position).
- Print Icon lets you print the current screen.
- Force Clients Switch enables the Masterboard Owner to force the Client Boards to apply the Masterboard themes and setttings.
- Category Theme Switch allows you to switch between an individual category theme or the global board theme.
- Category Bar Toggle switches the Category Bar position between the top or bottom of your board.
Main Settings Tab
Click the Gear Icon from the Settings Panel Icons to open the Main Settings Tab.
- Show Loading Cards shows or hides the green loading splash which shows the number of cards loaded when clicking a category.
- Show Laser Pointer shows or hides the red laser pointer which is useful for working on touch screens.
- Autosize Category Names turns on or off the automatic font sizing of category labels.
- Settings & Sorting Locked gives you the option to set a password to prevent changes to your board settings and themes.
- Card Size lets you choose the size of your cards to support good visibility at different distances.
Largest card size 1 = one column per screen (in Grid Mode)
Smallest card size 5 = five columns per screen (in Grid Mode)
- Card Spacing allows you to adjust the amount of space between the cards giving you clarity in your card layouts.
- Card Round Corners gives you the option to choose the traditional square or round corners.
- Card Transparency enables you to increase or decrease transparency in order to achieve diverse finishes and effects for styling your board.
- App/Category Theme lets you switch between the Mediaboard light or dark theme, or your custom theme.
- Background Image lets you set background images for your board and categories.
Additional to the Main Settings Tab, the Settings Panel contains other tabs with many more options for the functionality and design of your Mediaboard. (F2 key toggles the Settings Panel Icons.)
Theme (future release) lets you export your current theme to or import a theme from a theme file (find themes on the Mediaboard Gallery).
- Reset restores the previous colour settings as long as you have not saved your work.
- Save saves the current colours to the custom theme.
- Category outer colour is the start colour of the Category Bar gradient.
- Category inner colour is the centre colour of the Category Bar gradient.
The same values for outer and inner achieves a solid colour.
- Category font color sets the colour of the Category Bar font (see text shadows below).
- Card font colour applies in the same way as the Category Bar font colour but for the cards.
- Background colour lets you set a solid colour to the app or category background when no background image is set (see Background Styles).
You can create funny colour effects for categories and cards if you enter anything other than a valid Hex Colour value into a colour input field. Save to keep these effects. The colours are always randomised when the cards are loaded even if you have entered the same values in different fields.
The input fields for category and card font colour include an advanced option to set a text shadow.
Pattern: Font colour, shadow colour, shadow position X, shadow position Y, shadow blur, shadow transparency.
Example: #FFFFFF, #000000, 1, 1, 3, 50 will give a white font colour, black text shadow, 1px right, 1px down, 3px blur and 50% transparency.
Switch your board language immediately. The following languages are supported: English, German.
Other languages will be added in future releases: French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic.
Info & Support Tab
Find out all you need to know about your Mediaboard: Documentation, FAQ and Support Links.
Mediaboard Support Tickets
Open a New Support Ticket in case you have not found what you need in the documentation or FAQ.
Resetting the board will take the board back to its default settings. It will delete all individual board styles that you might have created. Your portable content remains untouched and the board structure, category and cards remain the same.
Action: Settings Panel > Info & Support Tab > Reset Mediaboard
Removing Mediaboard deletes the entire Mediaboard folder where the application files and your portable content is stored. It will not delete any source files that were linked to cards from the computer or a network location.
Action: Settings Panel > Info & Support Tab > Remove Mediaboard
Mediaboard allows you to set a password to protect your board settings and themes from being changed after distributing or sharing your board.
The password will not lock any of your cards. It is a basic protection to prevent changes to your board settings, styles and card order by another user. It means you can be in complete control and that the board content and styles you have created remain.
If a password is compromised, the settings will remain locked and the user will receive a notification.
Statement: Lock Settings is a basic protection and is not hacker safe.
Action: Settings Panel > Main Settings Tab > Settings & Sorting Locked
Styles and Themes
Mediaboard’s design components enable you to style board elements and create beautiful presentation boards for your diverse digital content.
A theme is the overall look of your board including styles and how you define the card layout, e.g. spacing, card size and transparency. Each category can have its own theme.
Styles are the colours and the backgrounds of the boards and categories.
Light and Dark Theme
Mediaboard default themes are Light and Dark. These provide a quick and easy way to alter the overall look of your board.
- Light theme works well in lighter environments.
- Dark theme has multiple uses; in dark environments or for saving energy on low battery.
Default themes are not changeable. Whenever you have chosen a default theme and you change any of its colours these changes will be saved as a custom theme.
Action: Settings Panel > Main Settings Tab > Light, Dark or Custom Theme
Mediaboard custom themes give you a whole range of design and colour options.
This means you can change the core elements of your board; cards, categories, backgrounds, and customise them to your own individual style. This is an advantage for presentations that have to follow certain corporate identity guidelines or for standout branding.
Statement: After working on your board colours, make sure to save your settings.
Action: Settings Panel > Colours Tab
Individual Category Themes
By default the global board theme is applied to each category. We have more options so you can create an appropriate custom theme for each category.
Category Theme Switch
With the Category Theme Switch you can toggle between the individual category theme or the global board theme to be applied to the current category.
When switched on the switch changes to green indicating the individual category theme is active. You can now create a custom theme for this current category. Do not forget to save in order to keep your design, as there is no auto save for colours. If you change to another category without saving you will lose the settings. Autosave is only for the Main Settings.
Action: Settings Panel Icons > Category Theme Switch
The board background style can be an image or a colour that you can choose from the colour palettes.
The background image position can be adjusted up or down by clicking on the image, while the Settings Panel is open.
The background colours can be a solid colour, or have a gradient applied:
- Create gradient by left-click upper colour/right-click lower colour (normal tap/long tap) on colour panels.
- Same colour left/right click.
Global and Category Background
Individual background styles can be set for each category. This allows you to customise categories in a unique way that creates lasting impressions for your board.
With the Category Theme Switch (CAT) off you can apply a global background for your board.
Category Theme Switch (CAT) on allows you to set individual background styles for each category.
Action: Image: Settings Panel > Main Settings Tab > Background Image
Action: Colour: Settings Panel > Colours Tab > Background Colour
Statement: We recommend using a high-resolution background image in 16:9 ratio or with a minimum size of 1920px x 1080px.
You can apply an alpha-blended texture to the background image using a png image. To apply a texture to the global background, a file named #texture.png must be saved in the background images folder. To apply a texture to the category background, a file named #texture.png must be saved in the category folder.
Each style lives from the different colours that can be combined to make your board standout.
Colourise and Customise
When creating your own styles, the same conditions apply as for the custom themes and background styles.
Statement: The Category Theme Switch must be switched on to apply the different colour styles to a category. Otherwise it will be saved as a global board style. Do not forget to save the changes.
The Paintbrush icon in the Settings Panel opens the colour elements for your board; category, card and background colour.
The Select button for each element gives you direct access to a whole array of colour palettes, or simply enter the six-character hex colours (as used in websites) into the colour field to customise your board elements.
Action: Settings Panel > Colours Tab
Card Size / Columns
You can set the card size from the Main Settings panel. While card size 1 is the largest, card size 5 is the smallest, according to the number of columns. This makes it very easy to support good visibility at different distances when presenting your board on wall screens.
The maximum card size is 2 when you have over 50 cards, to avoid endless scrolling.
Card space allows you to build attractive grid layouts by selecting more or less space in between the cards.
Card Round Corners
Mediaboard gives you the option to display your cards with round corners in different sizes. Double-click on the number to test your card design quickly with full or no round corners.
The serious advantage for creating the best boards ever. Playing with transparencies on different background images or solid background colours gives you limitless effect options to paint impressive boards.
E.g. 1. White cards with 0% transparency, card space of 1 and a black app background gives you a plain white grid.
E.g. 2. Black cards with 50% transparency, card space of 1 and a nice background image will give you a stunning, modern dark theme.
Everything in between is unlimited and up to your taste. Be careful, Mediaboard can be addictive!
Action: Settings Panel > Main Settings Tab
Coherent category and card structure and a dynamic interface gives you complete control. The loading speed and scrolling quality of the cards depends on your computer´s performance. Boards with many effects and transparencies need a modern and fast graphic card (eg. GForce 8x Series and higher).
- Board name and date/time field appears on the board background. It can be dragged to your favourite position and is dimmed when cards are loaded.
- The bottom status bar shows the Mediaboard version, build number,the online status and active board codes (PRO). If your computer goes offline during a presentation Mediaboard will show an alert. The status bar is hidden when cards are loaded.
- The card screen itself is touch sensitive and can be swiped or scrolled by column or screen when cards are loaded.
Scroll and Swipe
Mediaboard has been developed to provide effortless navigation for touch screens of all sizes, as well as working with the keyboard and mouse. The card display itself is touch sensitive and can be swiped or scrolled by column or screen when cards are loaded. Screen response depends on the performance of the GPU and CPU as well as the quality of the display.
Scroll or swipe by Column
- Click or tap the left/right arrow keys in the Category Bar or
- make a short left/right swipe on a touchscreen.
Scroll or swipe by Screen
- Use the keyboard arrows up/down or
- make a long swipe left/right.
- Short swipe = swipe by column
- Long swipe = swipe by screen
- Individual swipe = snaps the screen back into position.
Basic navigation by keyboard (left, right, up, down)
Left / Right arrows, scroll by column
◄ scroll one column to the left
► scroll one column to the right
Up/ Down arrow, scroll by page
▼ scroll one page right/forward
▲ scroll one page left/back
Left / Right arrows, scroll entire board
CTRL + ► scroll to the last page
CTRL + ◄ scroll to the first page
- Page Up = scroll one right/forward
- Page Down = scroll one page left/back
- Home = scroll to the first page
- End = scroll to the last page
Often used Mediaboard functions can be accessed or toggled quickly using the following shortcuts:
- F1 Bubble Layer
- F2 Quick Access Bar
- F3 Search
- F4 Sort Mode
- F5 Refresh
- F8 New Card
- F9 CTRL + F9: PNG Screenshot, SHIFT + F9: JPG Screenshot in an e-mail.
- F12 Minimise App
- ALT + F12 Close App
- Keyboard Key P – Toggle between Classic and Poster Type
- Keyboard Key E – Toggle effects on / off
- Keyboard Key C – Toggle card codes on / off
- Keyboard Key S – Toggle Spread Mode on / off
- Keyboard M – Mute and turn on a background sound (for example, background music)
- Space Bar – Pause and play a background video
- Keyboard Numbers 1-9 – Number of Columns
- CTRL + Keyboard Numbers 1-9 – Card Spacing
The Bubble Layer is a very helpful feature for explaining and commenting all parts of your board and presentation.
As the name says, it will let you use speech bubbles where you can input text and give it a unique solid colour. You can then drag the bubble to point to the spot, area, element or object you want to explain.
Action: Press F1 key or right click/long tap the card counter in the Category Bar to toggle the Bubble Layer.
How To Use Bubbles
- Press F1 key, or bring up the Settings Panel Icon and tap the speech bubble icon.
- Four empty bubbles appear ready for text to be entered.
- Drag a bubble to the desired position. Bubbles you don´t need can be dragged off the screen.
Bubble Options (Colour, Cloning)
- Right click or long tap the bubble to bring up the colour palette.
- Left click on a colour field changes the bubble colour and right click on the colour field changes its font colour.
- If you need more bubbles, double-click a bubble to clone it as a new, empty bubble.
Saving A Bubble Screen
The bubbles cannot be saved (this will be possible in a future release) and exist only during the current session. This means when your bubble are ready, make a screenshot (Alt + Print Screen, or right-click or long tap the card count).
Making cards portable means the ability to share your board or take it with you on a USB stick or any other storage device, connect it to another computer and run the board as created. Any card will open and an attached file will be available.
The Portable Switch in the Card Edit Box can be set to PORTABLE which copies the file to the board when saving the card. If set to NOT PORTABLE the card file is always opened from its original location on the host computer. Opening a card from a shared board with non-portable cards will fail.
Portable Switch On
Saves the card file to the board and can be opened when you give your board away.
Portable Switch Off
The card file is opened from the host computer but cannot be viewed when you give your board away.
Toggle the Portable Switch to Off when it was previously on, deletes the file from Mediaboard and goes back to using the original file on your system. If a card was made portable and the original source file no longer exists, Mediaboard will lock the portable toggle so you do not have the option to make it non-portable and lose the file completely.
Assets Switch appears when you have a card file selected that might need other resource files in order to run. This is important when you have a card which represents, e.g. a DVD, or when you have a PowerPoint or interactive presentations with linked resources files and folders.
Backup a board
Mediaboard has no built-in backup functionality. To back up your Mediaboard, simply copy the entire Mediaboard folder to a safe location. In case your Mediaboard fails, has been compromised or is lost, just copy the backup to its original location.
Statement: Do not use Easy Share to back up your board because it will deduct a copy from your included amount of board copies. (PRO version)
Product Name: AGC Mediaboard HD Touch
Product Version FREE: 2.6.3 Build 04
Platform: Windows 7-10
Idea, Concept, Development: André Gansel
Co-Author and Project Head: Genevieve Ssentoogo
Oma Helga for content proofing and editing.
Kenny for research and translation.
Multimedia Player: Media Player Home Classic
PDF Viewer: Sumatra PDF Reader
Multimedia Player: VLC media player
Image Processor: GraphicsMagick